Friday, April 11, 2008

Triathlon-Health

During the past 4 months, I have come down with a number of aches and pains that, while annoying, have not stopped me from training (at least not too much). Please remember, I am a licensed physician and a quasi-hypochondriac, so I pay attention to everything and think it's worse than it is. A quick list of my ailments (from head to toe)
1. Insanity (I'll just go ahead and add this so my husband doesn't)
2. Bronchitis in January
3. Left ulnar nerve subluxation over the medial epicondyle of the humerus (my funny-bone nerve snaps sometimes when I swim)
4. Chubby gut (working on that one)
5. Gastritis caused by taking waaaaay to much ibuprofen
6. Left medial collateral ligament sprain (from skiing; made breaststroke hard for a while)
7. Bilateral patellar tendonitis
8. Left sided shin splints (finally getting better)
9. Right posterior tibial tendon dysfunction (gone)
10. Plantar fasciitis
11. Funky toe nails from running

On a better note, I have lost about 12 pounds since starting this thing. I kept trying to tell myself before that I was just muscular and most of that extra weight was from that. Nope; I just ate too many cheetos and didn't work them back off (I still love me some cheetos, but I can burn off a bag in half an hour). I feel great, look better, and am so happy that none of my jeans fit right anymore. I'll post some before and after pics at some point.



Look at these doctors; they scare the crap out of me. Good Lord, lighten up!

Oh, going to be in Louisville this weekend for a wedding. I'm gonna try to run around Iroquois Park a few times as my in-laws live only a few hundred yards away.

1 comment:

housemdjr said...

Iroquois! weird coincidink! Before I meet you for lunch I'm volunteering at a clean up there.