Friday, July 25, 2008

Do not eat at steakhouses when you are vegetarian

I made the mistake of joining my co-workers at an upscale steakhouse for dinner last night. I laughed and chided them for eating 6 pounds of dead cow each while I sensibly ate a plate of grilled vegetables (and, as an aside, if you are a chef at an upscale steakhouse, shouldn't you know how to make a dish more exciting than grilled vegetables?). Now I have food poisoning and missed most of my day at work today, and I'm on call tomorrow so I can't rest up. Triathlon training has now been relegated to a sick joke I tried to indulge in. Damn.

Shouldn't the picture above make you healthier?

3 comments:

housemdjr said...

sucks. good luck, Jenn!

Kelly said...

i got food poisoning from green peppers a few years back. still can't eat them.

Nate Foster said...

Those pictures bring one word to my lips: eww.

I have another friend racing this weekend so I'm going to try to arrange my Sunday workout so I catch T1 and T2 + running segments. Is it the usual course near the Montgomery Bridge?