Monday, December 10, 2007

Back from Florida, Picture Time!


1) I went with a few people from work to Ft. Lauderdale over the weekend. We were there officially for Stryker Spine's Pediatric Spine Deformity Symposium, but it was a great social outing for all. The weather was fabulous (80's, sunny) and coming back to Philly was torture (30's, sleet, but DH was waiting at the airport with a warm car and a smile).


2) I love pictures. Unlike a lot of people I know, I obsess about having all of my pictures filed in chronologic order as soon as they are printed (OCD much?). I have no boxes of pics sitting around my house. I do have about 15 photo albums dating from middle school to present (I left pics from before then for my mom's albums), and I look at them pretty often. The first decision that DH and I made about our wedding was the photographer (I got a crapload of photos for not too much dinero, see http://www.southernpics.com/). I recently ordered most of 2007's photos off of snapfish.com and they should be in any day now.




So, while I wait, here are a few more classic shots that I scanned from mom.



I just think this is a cute pic. That's my cousin in the background, and probably her purse and hat (she was waaaaaay more girly than me).


Another fabulous shot of the famous day I stuck the water hose down my little sister's diaper, filling it with water and leading to its untimely removal. My granddad looks either fairly amused or disturbed; can't tell. What also makes this great is that the whole thing was caught on video and is played every year at Christmas.





Last but not least is the shot of my dad after I kicked his head into the bottom of the swimming pool (complete accident I swear!). He got a good gash that was really a lot uglier than it was dangerous. But man does he look pissed! It's a good thing he actually thought it was pretty funny.

3) Triathlon training week one (Dec 2-8): run 6.2 miles, bike 12 miles, swim 0
Not great, but considering my trip, the weather, and generally busy week, it's okay

2 comments:

housemdjr said...

I showed the hat picture to Jeff and he said "Who's that little asian kid?"

Unknown said...

that Asian guy with the big head and short legs is hot!!!