Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I am a bad blogger...


Sorry, nutty busy with work the past few weeks. Here are a few things I've been meaning to write about but haven't sat down to do.
1. Herbal Essences shout out: According to a snippet I read in Vogue today, I am using the number one selling shampoo in the Little Rock, AR Walmart (the article also listed the number one sellers at different salons across the country). So what does this mean? Beats me. I love the stuff and have been using it exclusively for 14 years. Not only is it cheap, but it smells nice. My friend Ben who sat behind me in Mrs. Goldberg's senior English class would always have fruity-smelling dreams thanks to my hair, which was usually wet from morning swim practice. And my hair stylist says my hair is nice and healthy. Eat that, expensive snooty shampoos!

2. The Election: I am nearly sick to my stomach thinking that the GOP may pull off this Palin piece of crap. She's about as qualified as I am to be vice-president (except the whole 35 thing), but I think Biden will whip her in the debates. Although, the media have already begun lowering expectations for her (similar to the way they did with Bush in '04 (oh my, he was able to use complete sentences!)). She'll also get the MILF vote from college frat boys.
I also wonder about people who vote on a one-issue stance, like fairly liberal people who vote conservative just because they are very pro-life. I'm actually okay with this, because no one candidate will meet all of your criteria. I'm pro-tort reform, and that's a very conservative stance in general, but dang it, I have to be able to afford to practice. However, my number one issue that I vote along has to be the environment, and I could never, ever vote for a candidate whose solution to the energy crisis is to drill for more oil. Oil is a dying technology and should be abandoned ASAP, not used to destroy more natural environment just to prolong the inevitable.

3. Went to the Red Bull Soapbox Race in Manayunk last weekend. Had a great time, especially since tropical storm Hannah dumped about 6 inches of rain while we were there. Favorite racers were the Nintendo-mobile, the Cheesesteak Chariot, and the whack-a-mole-bile. We used to live on the steepest part of the hill, so it was nice to have some fun back in the old neighborhood. Please see Darren's blog for more details.

Mayor Nutter and the Cheesesteak Chariot!

2 comments:

housemdjr said...

herbal essences does smell great- esp. that kind you've been buying that I used this summer! And it makes your hair feel so soft... I've switched to a fancier brand because I was looking for shampoo that could minimize my frizz. It doesn't smell good and it doesn't give my hair that super soft feel but I think it works. Though, I have discovered many other ways to fix that... Look at me talking about hair care. Ha. Mrs. Goldberg teaches Humanities...

orthogirl said...

no no no, Ms. Swetnam taught humanities, and I think she was 135 years old at the time. Ms. Goldberg would creep us all out with her Grendel impressions