Saturday, January 3, 2009

New babies everywhere!




In my residency program, we usually divide the last several days of December into two 6 day blocks: those encompassing Christmas and the ones for New Year's. Half of the residents work one, while the other half work the other (there are many fewer elective surgeries to staff). I traditionally try to work the New Year's half, because I couldn't care less about that holiday (I went to bed at 10 this year, but I was also sick). I also really wanted to be home when my sister delivered her baby. Alas, I was destined to work the Christmas half. It turned out to be a blessing in disguise, however, since Laura's baby came late. Darren and I packed up the car and left town Friday afternoon (after I had a very difficult pelvis fracture to fix). We stopped just outside of PA that night, and then raced home Saturday morning when my mom called to say she had been admitted. Unfortunately, we missed Isaiah's birth by about 1 hour. We went straight to Baptist East to meet our little nephew!

Isaiah James, 9lb, 3oz, 21.5 in, December 27, 2008


My roommate from college, JP, was also expecting the birth of his daughter Emerson around the same time, and wouldn't you know it, she was born 7 hours after Isaiah! It was a wonderful day for everyone.



Other highlights:
We had dinner with Darren's high school friends Keith and Amanda (the couple we double-wedding'ed with) and their 6mo old Macy. So cute!


Got to know Julia's fiance Gram a little better. I have a sneaking suspicion we may end up getting along really well because he is a funny son of a gun (although, he does make a lot of bizarre comments about cannibalizing my sister).

Happy Holidays from the Bergants, Breys, Cornwells, and Gibsons (and Max's butt)!

No comments: