Friday, February 22, 2008

Random Thoughts


1. Back in Kentucky, people from northern climates would always mock us for our extraordinary news coverage of 2 inches of snow. School would be cancelled, people drove like morons, and bread and milk runs became necessity. We got 2 inches of snow here in Philly last night. The exact same reaction occurred, telling me that northerners are, in general, full of shit. Damn yankees.

2. When at the gym, I have certain songs that actually get me dancing on the treadmill or bike. I look like an idiot, but that's okay. These are songs that the 16 year old version of myself would kick my ass for listening to. In no particular order:

-Hollaback Girl: Gwen Stefani. Stupidest. Song. Ever.

-Thriller: Michael Jackson. I am the only person in the gym old enough to remember when it came out

-Crazy in Love: Beyonce. Again, kicking my own ass.

-The Way I Are: Timbaland. Dumb fun.

-Summertime: Fresh Prince/ DJ Jazzy Jeff. Although I've been running around Philly in the winter, it makes me feel warmer.

-Amblikmees: Push Up. This is an Estonian pop group singing in Estonian. I only know that "amblikmees" translates to "spiderman".


3. Going to Chicago this weekend to visit Darren's brother and family. Why we chose to go to Chicago in February is a total mystery.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bergant! You old so-and-so. My Google Analytic gnomes tell me I've been seeing traffic from this "much ado" blog...

Looks like all is well in Jennifer-land and you are training for a triathlon! Well how about that... my wife Kelly is doing the oh-my-god-are-you-serious IronMan this year. Me? I'm training to run my second miniMarathon (hopefully gonna crack that 2 hour mark) and will likely do a couple of triathlons this year - I did my first sprint last year (same distance as that PhillyLadyTri you are doing), and might even do a halfsie IronMan in Muncie... MAYBE.

Looks like I'm gonna have to keep tabs on ya :)

Kelly said...

I, too, am a treadmill dancer. Last week, I almost fell off while running to Christina Aguilera's Dirrrrty. I was running during my lunch break, and luckily none of my co-workers were there to see.