Sunday, February 14, 2010

Snowmaggedon

I know that I've been harping on this snow thing for the last few entries, but this is my record of what's going on, and quite frankly, it's what's going on.
To summarize: last Saturday, February 6th, Philly got 28.5 inches of snow. On Wednesday, February 10th, we got another 15.8. We are not expected to have temps much above freezing for the foreseeable future, and another 2-4 inches is predicted for tomorrow. I love snow, but I would like it to go away once it reaches brown icky stage. The parking situation in South Philly is getting even worse with every few spots being a giant pile of snow.
Getting to work this week was kind of an adventure. Ford Focuses (Foci?) are not known for their all-terrain agility, so I walked in to work twice this week and took the subway halfway home both times. Why not take the subway in as well? Simple, it doesn't run that early. It was amazing to me that the sidewalk in posh Rittenhouse square was more clear than our street (and still is).

I'd post pictures, but really, it's just more of the same white stuff.

No comments: