Friday, October 16, 2009

36 weeks

Ooh boy, here I was coasting along with the pregnancy, patting myself on the back for the awesome job I was doing, and then I hit 33 weeks. At 32 weeks, 6 days, I was hitting the gym, operating like a champ, and avoiding any semblance of whining. At 33 weeks, 0 days, my abdomen pushed its way up into my thorax and my little dream pregnancy became that third trimester nightmare of diminished lung capacity, fatigue, and inability to sleep more than 2 straight hours. Not every day is bad, but I definitely am no longer comfortable on a regular basis. I've also gotten a few of the "hey, are you having twins?" comments. Geez, I'm not that big yet.
While mommy may be cranky, baby is doing great. He's got his head down crushing my bladder and his little butt is nice and cozy with my rib cage. My weight gain is appropriate, blood pressure in the normal range, and his heartbeat is jumping along at about 120.
We've got some stuff packed for the hospital, but I'm still stalling packing some things while I'm still using them. Our labor room bag includes such essentials as extra contacts, toothpaste, a deck of cards, and Finding Nemo (it's like watching an aquarium with witty dialogue). My project is coming along nicely, although a lot more work than I estimated.
Here's the only pic of Darren and I taken in the last 4 months. We just never seem to get our picture taken together.

No comments: