Friday, June 20, 2008

The night before...


About 11 hours and 55 minutes until my wave starts. My legs feel pretty good right now, despite feeling kinda cruddy all day after being on call last night (three hours of sleep is bad). I rode up to the expo, got my derailleurs fixed, and looked around at things. One thing I noticed: there are some jacked up bikes here. I hope Chuddley doesn't get an inferiority complex. I keep telling her that it's the engine that makes the cyclist. I also tried out the endless pool. I have to admit, it's a good idea, but I like to swim at several speeds for endurance. The river was 77 degrees this afternoon, so I'll probably not wear a wetsuit to save time at transition (thanks anyways, Kelly).
Nothing to do tonight but relax, drink lots of water, and try to get some sleep. I'll be up at 6 for a light breakfast and at the transition area by 7. I'll ride up there with Darren and learn how to get things set up.
Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Mark Baker said...

Good luck! I'll be thinking of you tomorrow!

Nate Foster said...

Good luck!

Hope you have a great race.

pbergant said...

Good luck today! Your dad and I will think of you.

The Bakers said...

Hope your race is going well, cant wait to hear all about it and see pictures! See you next weekend!
Jill