Saturday, March 15, 2008

Spring Break and Rocky Run










I took a week of vacation this week in order to travel to NY for the Big East Tournament. My dad, youngest sister Laura, her boyfriend Jeff, and their friend Jason drove up on Tuesday for the tourney. Laura is still undergrad, and she had gotten us six tickets. She actually spent a good chunk of time during the week trying to sell the tickets that we didn't need on ebay and craigslist, and she did a great job of it.



On Thursday, we rented a minivan to haul all of us up NY on the NJ turnpike (motto: keeping you from setting foot in NJ since 1965). We went to an alumni happy hour at a bar near the stadium for some cold beer and FREE appetizers! Denny Crum and Darrell Griffith were even there to sign autografts. Laura, Jason, Jeff, and I had everything we had signed by both and got tons of pics. The game wasn't quite as much fun, with UL losing in overtime to Pitt. If you have never seen me watching a game when UL loses, it is not a pretty sight. Do not leave breakable items near me.
Friday and Saturday, the college kids went back to NY on the bus and have been having a great time with that. Darren and Dad and I mostly sat around and watched movies and sportscenter.



One fun thing I did today was run to the art museum with Jeff and Jason. They may be 8 years younger than me, but I can run circles around them. We ran up the stairs and did our "Rocky" poses and then ran back in about 35 minutes.

As for my triathlon training, I seem to have finally gotten over the tendonitis in my ankle, but now am dealing with either a stress fracture or periostitis of my left tibia (hopefully the latter). I hate getting older; I never used to hurt training when I was younger.


Triathlon totals weeks 14/15: run/walk17.22 miles (I am required to walk as I rehab), bike100.05, swim 9400; totals 86.21mi/387.46mi/48150yd (27.36mi)

1 comment:

Scott Lundgren said...

That is so cool you got to meet Denny Crum. I have the same style of pictures when I visited although I did go in the art museum which has an impressive collection.